Here is a synopsis of an excellent article by Jennifer Schiff, (@JenniferLSchiff), Vendors Reveal 10 of Their Top CRM Tips. Be sure to check out the complete source article for more on each of the following 10 tips:
eCRM Guide asked Salesforce.com, NetSuite and SugarCRM for their tips on what to look for when purchasing a CRM system, as well as advice on how to make sure employees actually use the system and get the most out of it. Here are their responses.
1. Keep in mind who will be using the CRM system and plan (and buy) accordingly. “Try to define your rationale for installing a system up front before you begin discussion with vendors,” suggested Scott Holden, director of product marketing at salesforce.com
2. Make sure your CRM software integrates with other key systems.
3. How will the CRM system handle critical customer data? When evaluating a CRM system, make sure to evaluate how the system is going to manage customer information.
4. Define objectives and set baselines before rolling out your CRM system.
5. Don’t skimp on training.
6. Choose which tools and features to implement with your sales force in mind.
7. Think big, but start small.
8. Customize wisely.
9. Don’t forget about incorporating social media leads.
10. Monitor progress — and setbacks.