If a significant CRM system project is on your agenda in this new fiscal year, here are checklist items that you need to look out for in vendor proposals.
10 Things You Want:
1. A project plan focused on user adoption.
2. Incremental delivery.
3. Adaptive pricing.
4. Domain knowledge.
5. References in your industry.
6. Integration with marketing automation.
7. Integration with your email and phone systems.
8. Data quality, data conversion, appropriate history.
9. Mobile (read: iPad/Android/CrackBerry).
10. Social Media Integration.
3 Things to Avoid in a CRM Proposal:
1. Large requirements discovery phases at the beginning, with accompanying requirements tomes.
2. Boil-the-ocean data history.
Check out the complete source article for a brief discussion on each of these items.