Community and collaboration are wonderful things.
Fourteen great minds on social media have shared thoughts on what 2009 may have in store for us. Here’s some of what a few of them are thinking:
- “Although it is now cheaper to launch an initiative leveraging Web 2.0 technology – it requires qualified and passionate people to make them successful.” – David Armano
- “Intimacy touches emotion; emotion powers conversation.” – Pete Blackshaw
- The tipping point has not only *not* been reached, but could still tilt *away* from Social Media.” – Todd Defren
- “Dwindling budgets suddenly make low-cost social media look like the pretty girl at the ball.” – Ann Handley
- “Companies that focus on earning love will thrive during hard times, and kick ass when good times return.” – Andy Sernovitz
Everyone’s thoughts have been assembled in a free PDF download. Or you can read the entire report within the original post. Also, these predictions are now posted on Slinkset, where you can vote on your favorites and submit your own.
Social Media Predictions 2009
by Jim Berkowitz on December 16, 2008
Previous post: Ho-Ho-Hold on to Your Customers